How and when Neatt Communities collects personal information
Neatt Communities collects personal information from individuals with whom we interact, including on a voluntary basis through surveys, contest entry forms, registration forms, questionnaires and transaction documents both online, including through our website at https://neattcommunities.com/ (“Website“) and offline, or otherwise through the services we provide (“Services“). Personal Information that we collect includes contact information (name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.) demographic information, household information, preference information and transaction-related information.
We may also collect:
- log data, which may include, but is not limited to: Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, the web page that you visited before accessing our Website, the pages or features of our Website to which you browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, search terms, the links on our Website that you clicked on and other statistics;
- information sent by your device: device identifier, user settings, operating system, as well as information about your use of our Services; and
- market-related information, which may include personal information, concerning market trends and activities impacting our business that may include contract terms, financial information and other information for the purpose of market analysis and strategic planning.
Where permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, we may collect information about you without your knowledge or consent.
Information Collected Using Cookies and other Web Technologies
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY NEATT COMMUNITIES
Neatt Communities uses personal information that it collects for a variety of purposes, including to:
- facilitate the delivery of Services to you;
- establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you;
- communicate with you;
- understand your needs;
- promote and offer products, services and special offers that your needs or that might be of interest to you based on information provided and approved by Neatt Communities;
- provide individuals with products or services that are requested or that is part of Neatt Communities’ ongoing service with its customers;
- conduct, process and complete transactions with you;
- comply with your requests;
- enable us to provide certain security and privacy safeguards;
- deal with security, debugging and technical support issues;
- protect us against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property; and
- comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements.
The information also enables us to develop and customize our products and services to better meet the needs and preferences of customers. With your consent, Neatt Communities may, from time to time, contact individuals by electronic format, regular mail or telephone for any of the purposes set out above. You may opt out of any communications, other than communications necessary as part of any Services you use, by using the “Unsubscribe” mechanism or otherwise contacting us as set out in the “NEATT COMMUNITIES CONTACT INFORMATION” section below.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY NEATT COMMUNITIES
Neatt Communities does not sell, rent or trade personal information that it collects.
Neatt Communities may disclose personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- when Neatt Communities has received consent to do so or under limited circumstances, specifically described at such time as personal information is collected;
- when Neatt Communities, in good faith, believes the law permits or requires such disclosure; and/or
- for any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent.
We may also share aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties for industry research and analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes.
Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions
We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Neatt Communities or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others
We and our service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid enquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian laws. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or to prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
YOUR CONSENT IS IMPORTANT TO US
In addition, you may change or withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some circumstances, a change in or withdrawal of consent may severely limit or even prevent our ability to provide our Services to you. All communications with respect to such withdrawal or variation of consent should be in writing and addressed to email@example.com.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY NEATT COMMUNITIES
We retain personal information of users for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
WEBSITES OPERATED BY THIRD PARTIES
SAFEGUARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Neatt Communities endeavors to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to protect your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
Any information transmitted via the Internet, however, may be intercepted by third parties. Neatt Communities does not assume any liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet.
ACCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to applicable laws, you may have the right to access, verify and correct or amend your personal information collected by Neatt Communities. Neatt Communities believes that it is imperative that personal information be as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. Accordingly, to help Neatt Communities keep personal information as current as possible, Neatt Communities encourages individuals to amend inaccuracies and make corrections in their personal information collected by Neatt Communities as often as necessary. To access, verify and correct or amend personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When requesting access to your personal information, please note that we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you. In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavor to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
In some circumstances, we may not agree with your request to change your personal information and will instead append an alternative text to the record in question.
Your right to access the personal information that we hold about you is not absolute. There are instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information that we hold about you. In addition, the personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
The Website may contain links to other third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Such third-party websites are governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such third-party providers and we are not involved in any interaction or transaction between you and such third-parties.
As noted above. we may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Google Ads is a remarketing service provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950. To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217. Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
HOW TO FILE A COMPLAINT
To file a complaint with Neatt Communities concerning the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information, please email email@example.com. All complaints will be investigated by Neatt Communities in accordance with applicable laws. Where applicable, individuals will be notified of the outcome of the investigation of complaints and will be notified of any relevant steps taken or to be taken as a result of a complaint.
THE CHOICE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION OR TO RECEIVE CERTAIN INFORMATION AND PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
EFFECTIVE DATE OF STATEMENT
NEATT COMMUNITIES CONTACT INFORMATION
By email or phone:
Attention: Privacy Officer